High School students facing college admission will be asked to talk and write about themselves in the:
- College applications
- College essays
- Common Application supplements
- College application résumé
- Admission & Scholarship interviews
This will be the first of many times during their careers that they are asked to talk and write about themselves in a way that is relevant to a potential decision-maker. This can be confusing because they don’t know where to start, they haven’t thought about what the college may want to know, and they certainly don’t want to brag.
That’s why Murray Prep offers a basic program to teach the essential life skills of effective communication that will be vital for success throughout college and their careers, including:
- Mapping out achievements & experiences relevant to the future
- Creating effective résumés & college essays
- Interview preparation & practice on digital video with constructive critique
- Making a good first impression including greetings, eye contact & appearance
- How to answer those tough questions that repeat in interviews throughout life
- Replacing the “ums”, “ahs”, and “likes” with
content & confidence
The Murray Prep High School Program
4 one hour sessions, one on one
Each client takes away their folder of materials and completed worksheets for reference later.
Refresher sessions after course completion are available on an hourly basis for such needs as:
- Full résumé development
- Essay editing
- Additional interview practice
- Cover letters to résumés
- and more!