Young adults in college and recent graduates need effective résumés and cover letters to seek internships and employment. Those applying to college graduate schools will also face the requirement for more detailed personal essays regarding their goals, a chosen field of study and a particular university program.
All college students will need to be prepared for multiple interviews, as a potential employer seeks one individual for a position, as opposed to a college choosing an entire class. Potential employers seek a special blend of personal, professional and business characteristics when interviewing new graduates.
How well a candidate fulfills a company’s or university’s particular requirements is pivotal to securing a position or admission.
That’s why Murray Prep offers a communication training course for college students and new graduates to teach them the essential life skills they will use over and over again.
The Murray Prep College Program focuses on:
- Mapping out achievements & experiences relevant to a specific career or field of graduate study
- Creating an effective, professional résumé designed to capture positive attention fast
- Creating cover letters that show personality, connect with a potential employer’s particular needs, and enthuse the reader to proceed to the résumé
- Explaining the values potential employers seek in interns and new college graduates and matching them to examples in the client’s experience
- Interview practice on digital video using questions potential employers ask
- Constructive video review & critique
- Appropriate business etiquette & appearance
- Guiding the interview in a positive direction
- How to ask important questions that will not backfire
The Murray Prep College Program
5 one hour sessions, one on one
Each client takes away their folder of materials and completed worksheets for reference later.
After course completion, additional sessions are available on an hourly basis for such needs as:
- The basics of pro-active job hunting,
the “10 & 2” philosophy
- How to follow up quickly and effectively
- More interview practice & video review
- Consultation on negotiating and leveraging potential multiple opportunities
- Creating portfolios or DVD submissions
- Secrets of interviewing well on the phone
- Coaching throughout the employment search